Monday, April 06, 2015

I'm Still Here/Book List

Wow.  I had so many books I wanted to review in 2013 and 2014 that I just wasn't up to writing about.  Life (and death) keeps getting in the way.  I even went for a long stretch last year where I wasn't reading or listening to any books at all.

I did still sign up for Cannonball Read again.  I'm determined to actually make my goal one of these years. It is up to year 7 for CBR now.  Good for them!  I'm glad there are people that kept up with it better than I did.  I was less ambitious and signed up for a half-cannonball (26 reviews), but am getting to a slow start again.

I did write one review last year, that I didn't post, so I will get to posting that soon.  I will need to reread some of the favourites that I meant to review before.  It has been too long for me to remember details.  In the meantime, I have been reading new books this year that are already piling up. 

Book list read and waiting for reviews:

1) Torchwood - The Sin Eaters by Brain Minchin (audiobook)

2) The Martian by Andy Weir (ebook) (review here)

3) The Ruby in the Smoke (Book One: Sally Lockhart Mysteries) by Philip Pullman (audiobook) (review here)

4) The Princess Bride by William Goldman (audiobook) (review here)

5)  Unsinkable: A Memoir by Silken Laumann (review here)

6) The Work: My Search for a Life That Matters by Wes Moore (audiobook)

7) The Shadow in the North (Book Two: Sally Lockhart Mysteries) by Philip Pullman (audiobook) (review here)

8) White Hart by Sarah Dalton (YA Spring Fling ebook)

9) Watermelon Summer by Anna Hess and Aimee Easterling (YA Spring Fling ebook) (review here)

10) Memory's Wake by Selina Fenech (audiobook)(review here)

11) World's Greatest Sleuth!: A Holmes on the Range Mystery by Steve Hockensmith (audiobook)

12) Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer (audiobook)

Other books I read this past year:

Sky Dragons by Anne McCaffrey & Todd McCaffrey
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Neil Patrick Harris by Neil Patrick Harris (audiobook)
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
The Mortal Instruments Series - Books 1-somewhere around the beginning of 5 by Cassandra Clare
The Dark is Rising Sequence - Books 1-5 by Susan Cooper

I will do a mini-review for some of the ones that didn't get proper reviews for my last post of 2015.

No comments: